A glimpse into my journey through this valley in my life, called CANCER...looking ahead to the mountain before me and anticipating the reward when I reach the top of this hard climb, trusting and praising my Jesus the whole way!

But I will hope continually, And will praise You yet more and more. Psalms 71:14

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Going Home

Goodbye bed which caused my tailbone to ache,

Goodbye cheery yellow walls, and super nice nurses!



     I left the hospital on Tuesday, Feb. 22 with surprisingly mixed emotions.  Getting my first real shower that morning felt absolutely refreshing, but just getting ready to go and packing up my few scattered things just about did me in.  By the time my Mom and the transporters came to my room, I was wheeled down to the exit feeling exhausted, nauseous, and wondering if I was really ready to go home.  Was I going to be able to handle all the excitement there with 3 small people ready to have their Mommy home?  So with tears, I climbed into our vehicle, so grateful for the great care I had received, happy to see my Dad and children who were in the vehicle, and praising Jesus for his sustenance and care through this time and trusting Him to continue to provide me with the strength and healing that I need in the days to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment